Every weekday morning at 8:30, there is a flurry of activity at our house.
The doorbell rings and Caleb, usually with his mouth full of yogurt or Cheerios, joyfully says "Nandon!" Which is code for Landon and the rest of the troops.
For about 10 full minutes, things are pretty hecktic:
Team Jenkins and Team Patty and one of our babysitters enter the house and untangle themselves from shoes/boots, scarves, coats and hats.
The little boys busy themselves with toys or sit up at the table to finish their breakfast that were started in the car, the moms rattle off last minute instructions to the babysitter, the big boys (i.e. the dads) start some sort of theological discussion (and somehow tune out the hustle and bustle!), hugs and kisses are given, shoes, coats, scarves, and hats are put back on by the adults and goodbyes and thank yous and be goods are shouted before the door is closed.
Whew!

This is Neja with Caleb and Landon.
I can't tell you how great it is to know that as we scurry off to school every day, our kids are in wonderful hands. These girls are top of the line and we are so thankful that they have been loving on our boys all semester long.
They go on walks, do crafts, read books, play games, dance, eat snacks, bake, color, learn Slovene...
I confess there has been more than one day that I said, I rather stay and play at "preschool" with these fun girls than go to Slovene school!

This is Meteja with Landon, Luka & Caleb.
No doubt these girls work really hard and our boys keep things exciting!
Those guys sure look cute and innocent... =)
Thanks girls! We appreciate YOU!
2 comments:
God is so good at providing an "extended family" for our kiddos through His peeps! I am thanking God for those girls, too- and so glad Caleb has "playtime" with his buddies while Mom and Dad work. :) Have a wonderful, Slovenian Christmas, dear sister! We will be praying for you all Christmas morning here in the 'Couv!
that is the truth! And well written if I may say!
Post a Comment