Wednesday, October 21, 2009

...to play with Grandma & Aunt Denise

At this moment, my great hubby is driving his mom and sister back to Venice. They will hop on a plane tomorrow and head home to Colorado.
It was a lot of fun to show them around our new turf and for them to get to spend a lot of time with Caleb while we were at school in the mornings.
On Thursday, Caleb took them to the Ljubljana castle.
What awesome world travelers!
Caleb played 3 games all week. "Let's look at tractors", "Build a tower", and "Ball" which is code for his version of golf/hockey and involves repeated efforts and reaching under the furniture to retrieve small plastic golf balls.
Showing off his climbing skills.

It is NO fun to say good bye to our families. Ugh. I don't like it at all. Our choice to live here affects so many people besides just the three of us. It is hard on our friends and our families.
Yuck.
But we sure are thankful that our families are willing and able to travel such a distance to spend time with us.
Well.....let's be honest.
I think Caleb is the big motivating factor in the equation.
=)

2 comments:

Anna said...

:-) David has the same favorite game of "ball"! Our boys will get along well! :-)

Doanz said...

Mmmmm...when I read your post I thought of Paul and how much he YEARNED to be with the people he loved in Rome. "God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times..I long to see you...that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith..." Romans 1:8-12

It is so hard to miss and worry for your family, and hurt when you see them crying as they worry and miss you. We are praying for you, that God would keep you so totally busy and filled up with His love...it doesn't hurt quite as much. And we will pray that you realize how we all back here feel about what you are doing:
"(The Wynns) are obligated both to (the American) and (the European), both to the wise and the foolish. That is why they are so eager to preach the gospel also to (those) who are (in Slovenia).
They are not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile...just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:14-17
Forgive my liberties with God's word, but I bet some of your family feels just like we do- that what you are doing is so incredibly valuable, and so totally needed...as much as they miss you, they LOVE what you are doing, and are so proud of you. That is my prayer for you today, dear ones. God be with you!