This weekend our sweet church "commissioned"us (prayed for us to send us out) at all three services. Our pastor had every one stand up and come around us to pray for us. Then everybody sang one of my favorite Newsboys songs about missions called He Reigns. It was as tender as it could have been. We know this group of people will be praying for us and loving us from afar.
I, of course, cried each time. Caleb, on the other hand, missed the 1st service because he was in the nursery. The second service, he used the man standing in front of us as a punching bag through the whole prayer. And the 3rd service he kept pushing my hair all over my face and giggling. We'll probably need to work on his church manners!
The shipping company finally came on Tuesday at 3:50 (they were supposed to come on Monday!) and took away our pallets. My awesome hub worked really hard to get them all ready to be shipped. Supposedly they will be delivered to our door in Ljubljana on July 23rd- but I'm thinking it will be more like the beginning of August!
Even after the pallets got picked up, there was still so much to do! You know how packing goes, you think you're 95% done for like four days!!! UGH!!
Well, our amazing friends really saved the day and I know it was the Lord hooking us up again. Dierdre provided dinner, lunch and dinner AND kept Caleb for most of the day. Tanja showed up with Starbucks and cleaned out the kitchen. Abby showed up and cleaned my whole bathroom and both of their great hubbies came too. We weren't expecting them at all but we would probably still be there packing right now if it wasn't for their all of their help! When Abby & Tanja walked in I just started crying because they were such a BLESSING!
Lots of other people have helped us along the way too and I know I can't mention all of them- but you know who you are!
We fly out tonight (Wed) at 8:00 and land in Munich at 5:00 pm on Thursday (their time).
Pray for Caleb on the flights and that we get our van in Munich without too many glitches!!
I'll send a report once we get settled!
4 comments:
Yeah! I was wondering specifically when you'd be flying out. Praying for you! Try calling us from Munich. I'll send you an email on how to call us from there. Love you!
Wow! It feels like now everything is happening so fast. Praying for you all, dear sister.
"...what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul..."Deut 10:12
That is how I see you guys, and I know God is walking right next to you- clearing the way. WOW! God bless you!
Hey guys!!! See you on Sunday at church!!!! Can't wait!!!! :D:D:D
-Neja
Wow...I can't believe how many cool people are moving to Slovenia! We have a team headed there now! I hope they get to meet you! We'll be praying for you guys as you transition over!
Post a Comment