There isn't really much that's pretty about packing up.
It is a daunting task and I find myself going in circles. You know how it goes. You start in one spot putting things in a box, and then find something that needs to go to another part of the house which leads you to a pile in a new corner, which then takes you into a different room and before to long, I can't even remember what project I was working on two hours ago.
Meanwhile, Caleb keeps taking things OUT of the boxes!
It seems even more daunting to think about all of this stuff ending up on the other side of the world (hopefully in one piece!). Trying to decide what I need/want with me when we land and then what can arrive in the shipment sometime in August and then what just needs to stay behind in my mother-in-law's garage.
The one really good thing is that I am getting rid of a ton of stuff and I love that!
I am not a pack rat at all.
My motto is: "If you haven't used it in a year- it's time to chuck it."
My husband's motto is: "Must save everything all the time no matter what."
I call him Hector the Collector
Caleb's motto is: "Hey! If it tastes good- keep it!"
4 comments:
Hahahaha! Steve and I are the same way. His piles drove me crazy, until we gave him his "own space" to trash at will. Who knows what is saved in that "3rd box down on the right, against the wall with the Chinese cookbooks, behind the Sly Stallone posters, next to the 3 broken computer towers that will come in handy someday." Gotta love him. I say we all adopt Caleb's motto!
Ooh...what fun! We're doing kind-of the opposite packing. Kinda sad... but for you, speaking of packing! I have a list of things that I'm going to email you--stuff I get in the states to bring here, just in case you're interested....spices, baby stuff, medicines, etc. I'll email it to you and you can do with it what you will! Happy packing!
Wow! You are a blogging fiend! I just got caught up! I like your motto!
I like Caleb's motto!
Post a Comment