Saturday, January 31, 2009

for Moonlight Maddness Bowling Bonanza!

You might have heard that our friend Karen hosted the 4th annual
 MOONLIGHT MADNESS BOWLING BONANZA
 on Saturday and gave all of this year's proceeds to our Josiah Venture fund for Slovenia!!!!

I can't remember when I've had so much FUN bowling! It was SUCH a great night! There were at least 60-70 people there- some we knew and others we had never met before. Everyone payed a certain amount to come to the party and the evening included dinner, shoe rental, and 3 games. Read on......

This is Karen, the party planner extraordinaire!
The 1st game was just normal bowling, but during the 2nd game Karen had a list of rules for each frame. Bowl with your eyes closed, hop to the line and then bowl, spin around 3 times then bowl, bowl between your legs... This one was bowl between someone else's legs! YIKES!
Bowl between your legs backwards!! Not as easy as it looks!
This was our awesome team! Nate & Dierdre and Tonya & Byron jumped in with us and we laughed a lot. During the last game Tonya almost bowled a 200!!! 
Notice the sweet headbands for team unity!
During the third game, they turned off the lights and put colored pins in the machines so if you had a colored pin in your line-up and you got a strike, you won a dollar! It was super exciting and just plain FUN!
If anyone else wants to host a BOWLING BONANZA we are totally IN!! I can't tell you how much fun we had! We just think God is totally creative about how He is getting us to Slovenia! This event raised about $500 for us! So awesome! 
THANKS AGAIN KAREN!
(Thanks to Team Vik for babysitting the Dude so we could bowl!)

5 comments:

Doanz said...

I just have to say- love the shirts.

Anna said...

this is so great!!! I love it!!! Thanks for giving us the chronicle of it all - I love how creative God is...and how generous He is! I am praying for pouring out of His mercy and His provision during these months!

Mišo said...

you guys are awesome!!
good times :)

Brooke said...

This is so awesome! I love that you call Caleb the Dude. ps. we are praying for you as well...you're pic is on our fridge too!!

Amy Woodard said...

I love this story! It's so inspiring! Makes me wanna go bowling and get totally creative! So fun!