Friday, December 23, 2011

to learn some letters

 My good friend Nancy, told me about the awesome blog
and I confess I am totally hooked!

Erica (I feel like I can call her by her first name) is a mom of 4 and somehow has incredible amounts of time and energy to home school her kids, write curriculum, design all sorts of cool graphics, plan (monthly!!) menus and keep a seriously extensive blog. OK, she admits that she isn't super mom but one could easily be deceived. 
Go check it out yourself- you wont be disappointed.

ANYWAYS, she sells a Letter of the Week curriculum for preschoolers that is really great, easy to use and has a lot of creative ideas already to go. It is only $10 to download the program and I was fully prepared to do that, but then I noticed a little note that said, "If you are a missionary, contact me before you purchase the LOTW program."

Well I am, so I did. 

And she sent the whole thing for FREE! 
WOW!!!! VERY COOL.
I would have gladly spent the money on it because 1. it's not that much money and 2. it is a great program.

So, between this handy LOTW program and my new laminator that I brought back from the states, The Dude and I are once again cruisin' through the alphabet (and numbers).

There is MUCH more I can say about this super fun program (I've already seen a major improvement in the way he is counting and recognizing numbers and number values and of course letters too) but just know that I highly recommend it and hope you enjoy it as much as we have. 

P.S. These pictures were totally staged. Only later did I realize that he is wearing his Superman jammies AGAIN! 

3 comments:

Christa Forsythe said...

I love her blog! She is a super mom and I have NO IDEA how she comes up with all those creative things and SLEEPS! She inspires me, but I have stopped checking her site because I feel so guilty by all the fun things she does with her kids all the time! Love your pictures... so fun... especially the superman pjs!

Coyote Ridge Kunze said...

Yeah...I just love her ideas. Getting the laminator was a great idea. Are you going through colored ink for your printer????

MusicMama said...

I bought the curriculum the minute I read your report. It is great! Harmony is really enjoying her new schoolwork and it so much simpler than me using up valuable brain cells figuring it out on my own! So far it ties in great with the things I was already doing with her and stuff I had from when my older 2 were younger. Thanks for the tip!