Thursday, December 2, 2010

...for another language lesson


So note to self:

hrček

means

HAMSTER
and

hčerke

means

DAUGHTERS.
To these foreigners' ears...they sound pretty darn similar!

Pretty sure, the other day, I told my language tutor that I was expecting a hamster in March!

6 comments:

Ute & Christian said...

… not to forget "črke" (letters) ;)

Amy Woodard said...

Oh how funny! One time I heard a foreigner during a sermon mistake the word "female pig" for "sister in law" ...you'll have to look those ones up. They're pretty similar too!!

Traci said...

Awesome!!!

And a beautiful hamster she will be!

Tanja said...

hahahahah! Awesome!!

Neja said...

haha that's a really funny one! I remember Daivd saying one time "ali si stina?" (are you cranky?) instead of "ali si sita?" (are you full)... :D Gotta love language mistakes! :D I bet I have quite couple too...

Crystal... said...

YAY... congrats on a wee little "hamster".. I love mine.. she cracks me up daily!!!!!!