Sunday, October 24, 2010

to make a confession

I know, you've seen this picture before.
But I think I'm still in shock about all that has happened in the last 2 weeks. A blank wall....


...to this!
Crazy!
My hub (and some good friends!) worked SO hard to put this in as quickly as possible. Such an undertaking especially when you are already living in the apartment!
Anyways, about 3/4 of the way into this amazing project, Hub turns to me and says, "You prayed for this didn't you?!?!"
Well, the truth is I prayed specifically for "a recently remodeled kitchen".
The fact of the matter is that many of the homes out here are older and some of the kitchens I've seen have been pretty crusty. So I started off by praying for "a not-so-crusty-kitchen" and then that turned into "a recently remodeled kitchen". Why not aim high right!
God says we are His kids and we should ask right?!?!
And you know what?
I know He doesn't always give us what we ask for, but I really feel like this is one of His confirmations to my sometimes wimpy heart about us for sure belonging in SG.
So there you have it.
Who knew that "recently remodeled" would mean like last week?!?!

=)

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love it - it's beautiful and so cool how the Lord has blessed you - both with the new kitchen and also with an awesome husband and friends who can put it in! :-)

Anna Beth said...

Ooooo...I love this story. A good kitchen makes such a difference, huh? This is wonderful...

Doanz said...

Amen to that! Oh, how He gives good gifts! Hahahahaha! Laughing with you...:)