So we've been out of town for a few weeks and I am WAY behind on filling you all in on our happenings.
We had the AWESOME privilege of spending a week at JV Kids Camp and it was just great!
Really, it is hard to describe what a special week this is, for us and for the JVK.
There were about 20 American kids (ages 7-18) who are living and serving with their parents in Eastern Europe. So not only are these kids world travelers, they are dear dear friends with each other because of their commonality as MKs and JVKs. Most of them only get to see each other 2 or 3 times a year- thus a week at camp is pure GOLD!
When you get to spend time with this crew it is not uncommon to hear conversations like: "Does Polish have the letter X? Slovene doesn't have an X or a Y!" or "What kind of soup does your school give you everyday?" or "What is worth more right now the Euro (SLO), Crowns (Czech), or Kuna (Croatia)?
We had blast working with a great JV staff and can't wait for next year!
New prayer card picture or Wild-n-Wacky Day?

This was our team- BLUE STEEL! We were totally awesome and yes that is Gwyneth wrapped in wrapping paper showing off her super hero powers.

Hondo was in charge of these 3 Amigos (ages 7,8, and 9)! It was their first time at camp and they just soaked it all in. After Bible teaching their discussion time consisted mostly of debating whether or not Jesus and Yoda could take on all the Syth Lords in the world and beat them.
Hondo assured them that they could and actually Jesus wouldn't even need Yoda's help.

Hondo is not in the picture but it was basically a tug-o-war...3 against 1.
I won't tell you who won!

This was my group: The Beauties!
This picture really speaks for itself.
These four 10 year olds are lovely inside and out and they were a blast to be with.
Non stop action, energy, laughing...talking.... =)

There are a few more pics worth sharing but for now this is good.
Thanks to Hannah who took these awesome pictures and was a HUGE help to me with the Beauties and Caleb so I could really participate. Couldn't have done it with out you girl!
I'm taking applications for anyone who wants to come with us next year and be a nanny for the dude. Please apply in person. Thanks. =)
7 comments:
I love the family picture!
Katie said that she'll come nanny for Caleb next year. I'm sure she'd be a HUGE help! :-)
O H MY GOODNESS! TRICIA, you fit right in with those Beauties! I wish you were in that picture, too! I'm trying to imagine what your pose would've been. And yeah, tug-o-war! :) HA! JV Kids camp is one of my favorite places in the WORLD to be in the summer. I am so happy you get to be there!!
What a blessing this post was!!! So awesome to see what God is doing in Europe for His "smaller" missionaries!
What if I'm across the ocean? Would you make an exception to those applying rules for me? ; )
For you Amy....YES!!!!!!
Great pictures, Trish! I loved reading your email up-date. Yay for the new baby and job! Praising the Lord for you and praying!
Post a Comment