So one of our main jobs this summer is to keep track of our summer intern team. And we are really pumped about it!
Josiah Venture has started a little tradition that aims to get the interns over jet lag really (really) fast and form really tight team unity in the course of about 3 days. How are such lofty goals obtained you ask?
Easy: send all 60+ Josiah Venture Interns on an Amazing Race. Make them get from the Vienna Airport to the JV head quarters in eastern Czech and make them do (and eat!!) crazy things along the way. I won't give it all away, because we want to have some of you be our interns out here some day....
Come on! It would be fun!
Here are a few of our Slovenia interns with Hondo just about to take off on the race.
Watch this video that one of the Croatia team members put together about the race. I even made the final cut and have a small cameo. =)
The little Dude and I were able to help with the race and we manned a few stations (with our teammates Brooke and Kinsley) in Vienna and Slovakia and then spent one night in Czech just so we could say that we had our own Amazing Race. And I really think that if the TV show offered a race that was run with a two year old and a 2 month old (Kinsley) in tow- the prize should be way more than $1,000,000.
Just to prove my point: Brooke and I only took one pic of our kids together the whole time and it didn't really turn out.
At one station, the teams had to find the Dude and I hiding in a mall and then make and float some paper boats. Not as easy as it looks because if your boat sank you had to do push ups!
This is us "hiding".
Bet you can't find the kid in the mall....
Nope. You'll never figure out where to look.
It wasn't obvious or anything. We were being sneaky for sure.
2 comments:
So fun! I am sending you Jazz in 5 years! :) She would be an amazing intern!
Oh YES!!! She is hired already! That is a great idea!!!
Post a Comment