Saturday, January 9, 2010

...for a wedding

So, December really got away from me blogging wise, but I had to mention this major milestone!


December 18, 1999
I married the funniest man in the world.
He is my best friend and I can't believe how fast the time has gone.
10 years ago, we didn't even know where Slovenia was on a map.
We planned and pulled off our entire wedding withOUT cell phones.
All of our pictures were taken on FILM.
We had to get married in Orange, because the Diamond Bar church was under construction.
Our wedding video was recorded on VHS (and we only have a dvd player now!).

It was a BEAUTIFUL day and a lot of FUN too.
Were you there?!

9 comments:

AnneK said...

Congratulations Trisha and Bryan! It was a lovely and fun wedding! I still remember you flying confidently down those treacherous stairs in very high heels. There's so much to be thankful for! Love, Anne and all

connie wynn said...

I was there babe, and a day forever in my memory of a beautiful union of two beautiful souls and your relationship to this day is 'unique and wonderfully made'.

Traci said...

It was a beautiful day! Congratulations!!!

Also, I love the new blog background!

Coyote Ridge Kunze said...

I was there loving every minute. I can remember your Mom's green dress....or was that your Aunt Jo Ann? As close as I am to your mother, I think I got them mixed up that day. I remember the object lessons that your dad did with the backpack full of stuff....flashlight, band-aids, etc. Thought that was so original and personal. We have always loved you both and are so proud of your devotion to follow the Lord ..wherever He leads.

Christa Forsythe said...

I was there! And I loved it... I traveled all night long... enduring a flat tire - "hitch-hiking" with several different friends to make it all the way down to So Cal - some friends drove me from Portland to Redding and then I caught another ride from Redding down to So Cal with another friend... hum... good memories and that explains why I looked so bad AT the wedding ;o)! Glad you two found each other! I love knowing you both!

Coyote Ridge Kunze said...

We are in the fourth row from the front sitting to the left.........I recognize Ryan's ponytail! :0

Anna said...

Congrats dear friends! I wish we had known each other well enough to be there...but that was soon to happen! :-) I have a favor you gave me from your wedding though - the bell. And we hang it on our tree each year and remember you guys! I love the things your recalled - no cell phones, film and VHS - us too! :-)

Bonnie said...

Yes, I was there! I also vividly remember your walk down the stairs and your dad's backpack illustrations. Congratulations on 10 years!

Jill said...

I cannot believe it's been ten years. Like you said in your post, could you have imagined how different your life was going to be? I think it's good we don't know how things are going to turn out. We'd probably just be to scared and put our heads in the sand. Or the bathtub.
Congratulations on the big 1-0!