Well, it finally happened!
Almost 3 1/2 months after we watched our belongings get lifted on to a truck in Estes Park, we carried them into our garage in Ljubljana yesterday.
Hondo got the final approval from the customs office and shipping agency to go and get our stuff out of the wearhouse. Mind you, we did pay for "door-to-door" shipping, but as we have come to find out- most things don't turn out the way you think they will.

The truth is, even if they would have delivered our boxes, the truck would not have made it close to our garage door. Remember how I told you there was construction going on around here? That Caleb is saying the word TRAK DOR every 10 seconds?

You can see for your self!
YIKES! It is pretty crazy (and LOUD) around here.

Sometimes I feel like we are living the AMAZING RACE. This challenge is called "Move a house through a construction zone without falling into the hole and braking anything you shipped back in June."

Big props have to go out to Brad for helping us out yesterday! Thanks a lot Brad- and to Laurel who took the pictures and kept the kids behind the gate.

What is this look on my face? I think it is like "OK Lord. What is the deal with this timing?!?!? We finally get our stuff and it arrives during insane constuction where we have to cross a wooden bridge over a gapping trench, next to a huge hole and around a massive pile of dirt?!?!?!"

Many times in my life I have said, "That wouldn't have been my plan Lord." And this is one of them. But I'm still trusting that HE knows best and that HIS timing IS just right..
...even when the Slovene construction guy is helping to unload the van so we can move it out of the way of the back hoe. =)
Now...which box should we open first?! hmmmmm!
7 comments:
so happy for this piece to be completed - does it feel like Christmas in Oct? Wow...that took a LONG time! Way to go Hondo for pulling your stuff out of the mess with all the paperwork! We love you guys and love getting updates and pics on your life. Praying for language school and your hearts and minds in the midst of all of this!
Hurray! I thought the stuff had already arrived! Glad you can finally settle in with the "homey" things. :)
BTW- the architecture of your neighborhood is just way cool. I love it!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah You got your stuff. I am so happy for you. Now it will feel more and more like home here! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Yeah!! This makes me so happy for you!
Im so glad you got your stuff!! And I just smiled one of those understanding smiles and shook my head when I saw the circumstances, with the construction... oh yes. Of course! :) Keep the updates coming! Im a regular reader!!
Yay, yay, yay! So happy for you guys! I'm sure you're falling in love with your stuff all over again and saying, "oh, I forgot about this! So happy we sent it!" Fun, exciting days making your house a home! Elijah fell in love with tractors over there too!!
Post a Comment