
This is the story of how this Baptist church was built...
When Yugoslavia was under communism, all of the building permits had to be approved by the government. The Baptist church wanted to build a building in Ljubljana, but of course their permits were repeatedly denied. When it was announced that President Jimmy Carter was going to visit Yugoslavia, the Baptist church took advantage of the situation and wrote a letter to the government.
They said it would be a huge embarrassment to the country if Jimmy Carter wanted to go to church while he was visiting and there were no Baptist churches available in the capital city.
It didn't take long for the permits to be approved after the letter was sent and the church was built! Sadly enough, President Carter never did stop by, but he certainly had a building to go to if he had wanted to!
4 comments:
What a wonderful beginning for that church. "Shrewd as snakes" yet "innocent as doves". I love it!
I love keeping up, reading things that you blog about. They cross continents & become very pertinent here as well.
I know that I don't comment much but wanted you to know that I am watching, reading and praying for you in Slovenia as much as I can.
Hugs and prayers from Madagascar and beyond,
I know it feels like you'll never do anything right but you really are doing a beautiful job! Hang in there!
Oh Trish! I just have to say that you never fail to make me laugh (no offense!) even across the oceans.
Post a Comment