Okay, this is one of the billboards that is out right now all over town. You can see that it says, "Yes, sir!"
This is SOOOOO funny because the word for cheese in Slovene is sir!
"Yes, cheese!"
(thanks to Kristi for pointing that out to this language learner!)

When we lived in Estes Park, I think I maybe ate a cheeseburger at McDonalds twice. Really, twice in almost 8 years. And since we've been here I've only had one. But I must confess that the idea of going to get a burger and fries at McDonalds here has been WAY more appealing than usual.
For one thing it is the one of the few places that is open when you don't feel like cooking (like right now on a Sunday afternoon). Another thing is it is just plain familiar.
Lately, familiar things have "tasted" much better than unfamiliar.
4 comments:
haha! So funny! And yes, I know the feeling of longing for the familiar! Love you guys!
So funny! "Yes, cheese!"? I bet it's starting to really feel real now. Praying you won't be too homesick, and that soon- horse burgers will feel "familiar". :)
Johnny and I always comment on that billboard. genius!! And, I agree with all that McDonald's brings over here.
Can't espcape the golden arches anywhere!!
Post a Comment