So here are a few things I've been into lately:
(I tired to put in some links so you can check this stuff out too! Hope they work!)
1. Sermons by Mark Driscoll, the pastor at Mars Hill Church in Sea
ttle, WA. I've been listening to his series on Proverbs (especially the wife/mom/children ones) and the series he taught last fall about the Song of Solomon called The Peasant Princess. Be forewarned! He doesn't hold ANY punches! YIKES!! This series is all about the "marriage relationship" if you get my drift. But I think they're really great. Pretty much like marriage counseling.
2. This running program that my friend Stacy tol
d me about called Couch Potato to 5K. So this guy named Robert took this running program and set it to techno music and made 9 pod casts that you can download. So the first one is just run for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds and then you hear this little voice fade into the music "Okay, it's time to run again." or "You're doing great!" So far I am on week 4 and most of you who know me have heard me say that my motto is, "I only run if I'm being chased." And that is still pretty much true. But I've been trying to get some exercise during the winter here and so I just turn it on while Caleb is napping and jog around my house (sometimes I dust at the same time).
3. RACHEL RAY and RACHELRAYMAG.COM

Yes, she is my new BFF. I've been checking out her DVDs from my library and I have cooked some pretty great things: stake, pan seared shrimp, an asparagus/ham/Gruyere frittata, some yummy corn bread, a few fun salads. I know! Who am I??!!
The best things I've found are the handy "how to" videos they have on her magazine website
This is pretty tied to my hearing sermons about being a better wife too. =)
4. Of course I've been into my great hubby and my kid too. They are awesome.
5. Also, GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.
No comments:
Post a Comment