Monday, January 28, 2013

to go to preschool!

So, it is totally snowing out side and it's the middle of winter and these pictures are from October because I'm not one to push a stroller through the snow if I can help it. BUT they ARE pictures and I hope you like them!

Caleb started going to to "Vrtec" in October. In Slovene, the word means Kindergarten or little garden, but technically it's still preschool. Focused, intentional, thematic play time.
 And so far, he really really likes it! 
We are beyond thankful for his nice teachers and sweet classmates. I just keep telling everybody that he is a TROOPER! Seriously, walking into a classroom where you don't understand a word...willingly...day after day! What a stud!!
I'm actually really jealous of his time in Vrtec because he is learning language the best way possible: total immersion with basic vocabulary. Yep. I wish I could go too. And I'm actually trying to figure out how to get in there more just for my own language learning. And because when I ask him what he did all day he says, "I can't remember right now." 
Anyway. He is doing great! He is starting to speak in Slovene more and more and the teachers really think he is understanding quite a bit. 
We are sooooo thankful!

Scootin' to school! Past the grocery store.
Up the hill, through the neighborhood.

To the Vrtec!
The shoe & coat room. 
Because you've got to put your school slippers on! Yep, all the way through high school, kids switch out their  shoes when they get to school. Now, in the winter, this room is WAY more crowded! Every kid has a pair of rain boots, snow boots, snow pants, heavy jackets, gloves, umbrellas, hats....
And to keep the little sister happy while we walk...be sure you bring her a snack! Because usually she wants to stay with her bro and NOT  get back in the stroller. And sometimes she'll scream and protest very loudly until the Babici (grandmothers) in the neighborhood come out and try to help you figure out what's wrong with your baby....ugh.

2 comments:

Doanz said...

Bahahaha! I didn't know "babici" came in all cultures"!!

Traci said...

THat's great! Fun to see pictures of life! Way to go Caleb! And way to go Mom!!