Wednesday, October 3, 2012

to go to Preschool!

So this little man was totally ready to go Vrtec (Slovene preschool) last Monday morning. 

A few months ago I found these super cute charts to help him get ready for bed and ready for school in the mornings. That first day, he was up extra early and opened his door and declared, "I'm almost done with my chaaaaarrrrrt! I just need to eat breakfaaaassssst!" Poor guy still had to wait at least an hour before it was time to start walking. 


Hondo walked him to school and the teachers were super nice! They said come back and check on him in an hour (which we were not expecting). An hour later they said, "He's doing great. Come back in another hour." So I went and found his class going for a walk in the forest across the street and got invited to go along too.
They let the kids climb trees and collect pine cones and jump off of stumps. Pretty much Caleb's favorite things to do all on the first day of school!
 He had a great first week and we are super thankful for his nice teachers, Jurka and Maja.
 While Maja does speak a little bit of English, the whole thing is totally in Slovene. 

No fair. This kid is going to just soak up the language.



1 comment:

Doanz said...

YAY for Preschool! :)