Friday, October 21, 2011

to teach Sunday School!

I was on deck to teach Sunday School at church this week and I guess I got a little inspiration from good 'ol Veggie Tales.
So, I knew I was going to teach about the story of Naaman (2 Kings 5:1-14) and how he gets healed from leprosy but I just didn't know how I was going to do it.
Well, I look up from my breakfast and see this rotting banana on the shelf next to the new bunch I had just bought...and the cast of characters unfolds right before my eyes!

Let me introduce them:
 the clementine playing the role of the servant girl who tells her master Naaman about Elisha the prophet.
the white pepper playing the role of the King of Israel who insists he can't heal anyone.
the rotten banana playing the role of Naaman with leprosy.
the avacado playing the role of Elisha's servant who tells Naaman to dunk in the Jordan.
and finally
the ripe banana playing the role of Naaman healed of leprosy and a clean heart to boot!
Oh I just crack myself up!

6 comments:

Traci said...

You're hillarious!

Tanja said...

That is what I call CREATIVE! Great job!!

Anna Beth said...

i love it :)

Neja said...

Nice! :)Did you do it in slo? ;)

Laura said...

SO great, Trisha!

Doanz said...

Greatest idea ever!