Okay, in case you forgot- I am NOT your crafty friend!
Denise and Connie left this little project with us when they were here.
The little dude has been carrying it around the house for about a week and a 1/2 asking me if we can do it.
This little mama, has been avoiding it like the plague.
It just looked too overwhelming and time consuming. The slightly intimidating directions said to assemble the pieces with melted sugar and to make frosting with an egg white.
I am not your separating egg friend.
As you can see, I finally caved in the other day.
When we opened the box, we found just about every piece broken...and I confess, I wasn't too disappointed. No real assembly required now!
Nevertheless, we gave it a good faith effort and I even learned how to make sugar into glue and whipped up some homemade frosting (without eggs!).
Caleb of course didn't really notice anything was wrong with the pieces and proceeded to "paint the cookies" and taste as many of the "small pieces" as I would let him. Pretty sure he even broke a few of the big pieces to make them count as small. Sneaky kid!
The only other problem was rooted in my lack of language ability.
Turns out the cute little tubes of frosting I bought a while ago were actually food coloring.
No wonder my design was so runny.
Looked pretty shabby, but still tasted yummy!
So in case there was every any doubt.
I am not your crafty friend.
5 comments:
You are hilarious, just for the record, it was all Denise's idea, that was one thing I never attempted with the kids, I left that crafty stuff to my sis.
I am not a "craft making" or "egg separating" mom myself. Makes me like you more:)!
Too stinkin' funny! I was glad Kenzie made one at preschool! Got me off the hook!
:D Looks like Caleb really enjoyed it! Sure miss making stuff/playing with him and Lando!
Post a Comment