Well, it was a beautiful day because we went to a cool place in the Alps, but not so fun to say goodbye.
We had SUCH a great time with these 5 college students this summer.
They jumped in to this job with whole hearts, great attitudes, creative ideas and tons of energy.
They were true servants.
They were a super fun and a real blessing to our family and the other communities around SLO.
We are really going to miss them.
Great job you guys.
It was a pleasure to have you on our team!

Meet Amy, Mallory, Heather, Kari & Nathan.

We passed this cool rock formation on our way up to our debrief location.

We also passed a few WWII shelters and drove up a super curvy road that was built by Russian POWs in WWI.

This is called a koca (pronounced "kocha") and it is kind of like a rustic hotel in the mountains. They are everywhere in the Alps and really pretty cool. I mean if I knew I could get a (relatively) nice meal, a bed, and a cup of coffee at the end of each hiking day; I'm sure I'd hike way more than I do.

To help the interns process the things they experienced and learned this summer and their transition back home, we went through a really helpful packet of questions and discussion items. And of course we all answer questions and discuss much better after eating spaghetti and pizza.

Crazy Nathan and me.

Caleb thinks he is such a good hiker! He still really likes this backpack and just look at all those rocks to be thrown.
He really really liked the interns too.
They didn't have to, but each one really loved on our kid in a special way. I think he already misses the extra people to play ping pong with.

(thanks for the pics Kari!)
1 comment:
I can't get over the amazing scenery you have! What a gorgeous place to be. So sad goodbyes had to be said, but so glad those kids got to experience the delight of serving the Lord with you!
Post a Comment