Saturday, July 3, 2010

...to do some serious cooking!

So lately, I've been on a new cooking kick!
Partly inspired by my amazing teammates who have really mastered great cooking while living in this country. You know who you are!
Really, we can get a lot of good things.
But....there are a lot of things/ingredients that are just not the same or we just can't get here.
And for me, I still can't read all of the details on the packaging. So, needless to say, this year of cooking has been a learning experience.
My other inspirations are 1. Rachel Ray Magazine's how to videos
AND.......
Have you heard about her yet!?!?!
She is a hoot and a half and on her cooking blog she shows you a picture EVERY STEP OF THE WAY! That is a big deal for visual learners like myself!
Observe the evidence.

Anyways, I got her cookbook with my Bday money and I don't want to brag but... I've made BBQ pizza, beans and cornbread (okay intern Heather made the cornbread), an awesome burger for my hub, eggs in a hole (even though Nancy Kunze taught me that a few years ago!), chicken fingers, stir fry, stake bites, cookies and......CINIMON ROLLS!
I don't know if I would ever really blog about this, except that those cinimon rolls were really out of control.
I mean, I would never say so, but my friends tell me..... =)

4 comments:

Traci said...

WOW! That pizze and those cinnamon rolls look amazing!!!

elly said...

trish- i'm impressed! i love the pioneer woman too. :) i just get all the recipes off her blog...but her cookbook was tempting me,too. one of my favorites is her steak salad. the marinade and dressing are amazing! happy cooking. love, beth

Doanz said...

Delicious! I have to ask...was it a horse burger!?! ;)

Tonya said...

Wow! Making me hungry looking at those pics. Way to go girl! I have heard of the Pioneer Woman from someone else so now that I've it mentioned to me twice I better get on her blog and get serious!!