Friday, May 22, 2009

...to bake something yummy & easy!

I called Anna yesterday for this recipe so I could make these awesome
 Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars 
for our American Idol party.  
YEAH FOR KRIS!!!!!
As you can see, they wont last long!

Here is the recipe!
In a large bowl combine
 1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 brown sugar
1/3 cup butter (soft)
3/4 regular sugar
Beat until creamy.
Gradually beat in 2 eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla

In a small bowl mix:
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Blend this with the peanut butter mixture

Spread the dough in a greased 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle lots (I used a whole bag!) of chocolate chips on the top.
Bake at 350 for 5 minutes, then use a knife to "stir" in the melted chips to give a caramelized look. 
Bake for 25 more minutes.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anna said...

they look so yummy! wish I could have had one with you! love you!

Traci said...

Oh man these are so good! I made a batch last night! It's a good thing I halfed the recipe because I'm eating them like crazy! YUMMY!!!

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I keep dreaming about eating them again...